The heat of the scorching sun can make this, otherwise beautiful season, downright unpleasant and to enjoy. For drivers who are unable to survive in this intense heat, getting into a car that has been parked in hot weather can make one feel like being roasted alive. Stay cool and get more out of your summer by using these tips to keep your car cooler when parked. Most car owners will agree that getting into their car during a scorching summer day is one of the worst experiences. Besides which, it is also dangerous to some extent. The temperature can soar to high levels in summer and it is estimated that the car temperature will usually be 20 to 30 degrees warmer than outside.
There are several afterpay shops in Australia that stock the perfect solution to keeping your vehicle cool in summer. This article goes on to describe the various methods in which one can keep the vehicle cool during the summer and how using shade sails in Australia is advisable.
Tips to keep the Car cool in Summer
There are several methods of keeping cool in summer as described here:
● Window Visor: Sunshades or window visors are quite effective in keeping the vehicle cool during the hot summer. They can counter the heat and prevent the interior from heating up too much to some extent. It is a good idea to use such shades on all windows for it to be more effective.
● Invest in steering wheel cover: In Spite of taking preventive measures while parking the car in the scorching sun, the steering wheel does tend to get quite hot. In fact, at times it is too hot to handle and drive away. A quick remedy is to use a small towel however, it is best to invest in a steering wheel cover to deal with this issue.
● Park where there is shade: One of the most common sense methods of beating the heat is to park in the shade at all times. It is amazing how cool the car can remain if parked under a tree or under the shade of a building, etc. One of the other methods of keeping the car out of direct sunlight is to always park in a garage whenever possible, this may be in an underground car park or an overground one.
● Keep the windows a bit open: A good trick of ensuring it is possible to enter the vehicle after a few hours is to keep the windows open a crack. It is not a good idea to keep the window open from the security perspective however, rolling it down just a little to ensure airflow will make a big difference.
● Moving the car at regular intervals: If parked for long hours it is a good idea to move the vehicle throughout the day and find shade if possible. It may also be a good idea to turn on the AC for a bit. This is not always a practical solution since it is hard to leave work to move the car every little while.
● Window tinting: Window tinting is highly effective in beating the heat. There are legal limits to the level of tinting. Placing window tints is effective to some extent in beating the heat.
● Car shade sail: This is one of the best solutions to keep your car in the shade. It is useful to protect the car on a sunny day. It is a must-have for those who are planning an outing or an adventure; it may not always be practical when parking in the city.
Shade sails in Australia is one of the best solutions since it has a big frame that includes a shade and provides protection to the entire vehicle and the occupants as well if necessary. This shade is also known as a car tent or camping tent and is perfect for a camping trip, picnic, beachside or an outing on a sunny day. It is easy to set up since they usually have Velcro straps and the height is adjustable too. It does not take up much space in the boot either and also comes in a carry bag.